Partner with Owlware
We can provide you with:
- Compliance for government audits.
- Understanding the legal the expectations from your organization.
- Developing policies and practices.
- Obtaining Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Sensitivity and accommodations assessments.
- Workplace training planning and execution.
- Comply with website accessibility standards.
Your Legal Obligations and Social Responsibilities
Did you know that?
- The Accessibility Standards for Customer Service came into effect January 1, 2008. Public organizations like universities, schools, hospitals, and government offices must be in compliance with this standard by January 1, 2010.
- Private businesses and non-profit organizations have until January 1, 2012 to implement the requirements for Accessible Customer Service.
- The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms states that all individuals should have equal opportunities, and it prohibits discrimination based on mental or physical disability.
- The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act aims to create a barrier-free Ontario by improving opportunities for people with disabilities, and by identifying and preventing barriers, allowing them to fully participate in everyday life.
Recruitment Services with Owlware
We can provide you with:
- Qualified applicants.
- Job listings on Diversity Portal.
- Customized Virtual Job Fair developed to your organization hiring needs.
- Candidate job matching.
- Development of customized screening and skill assessments.
- Work trials/job coaching/performance appraisals.
- Hiring incentives.
Partner with Owlware Ltd., a trusted organization that has enjoyed over eight years of successfully matching people facing barriers to the right job while providing employers with support services for creating diversity in the workplace.
Benefits of Hiring People with Disabilities
- Many employers clearly understand the benefits of an inclusive workplace.
- People with disabilities are a group of under-utilized, well educated and experienced potential employees.
- People with disabilities estimated annual buying power is in the billions.
- 92 percent of consumers feel more favourable toward companies that hire people with disabilities.
- 87 percent of consumers said they would give their business to companies that hire people with disabilities.
- 98 percent of respondents who had been served by a worker with a disability were “very satisfied” or “satisfied” with the service they received.
*University of Massachusetts Boston University Study
- Communicating equity in the workplace to your management team.
- An engaging, educational workshop that empowers your organization.
- Reap all the benefits of hiring a diverse workforce.
This workshop provides your management team with insight on:
- Legislation compliance.
- Dispelling misconceptions of hiring and managing an inclusive workforce.
- Persons with disabilities on the job.
- WSIB, insurance and accommodations misconceptions.
- Recruiting and retaining employees.
- Workplace sensitivity and accommodation.
- Capitalizing on government incentives.
- Virtual Service Demo
- Practical WHMIS
- Diversity Portal